Admission Requirement for Doctorate Degrees in Hungary
Hungary is becoming an increasingly popular study abroad destination for study in Doctorate, Masters, and Graduate, under graduate programs – mainly in the sciences and technology and much famous for medicine studies. Students from across the world opt for higher education in Hungary due to its high quality education system. Public and private universities in Hungary makes students hands-on and practical approach that helps them get good jobs later on. However, there are certain admission requirements to enrol in diverse doctorate degrees in Hungary.
Admissions requirements represent the university's general policies or terms and conditions that candidates have to follow. Individual courses may have specific or additional criteria for admission specifying appropriate academic backgrounds with excellent grades and also requiring minimum English language test scores.
According to the Higher Education Act in Hungary, admission to Doctorate degree programmes and unified, undivided, long-term Doctorate’s degree programmes is selective, with the Leaving Certificate with a few exceptions where practical examinations or aptitude tests are required. The minimum requirement for getting enrolled
to doctorate degree programmes or its equivalent that is to PhD and DLA doctoral programmes is the certificate or Master’s degree or its equivalent. Higher education institutions may have their own specific admission to Master’s and doctoral programmes as part of additional criteria. Hence, before opting for any doctorate course, ensure to go through the website of the university you are applying. Doctorate is awarded for the leads to a doctoral candidacy, but for successfully completing and defending the independent research presented in the form of the doctoral dissertation.What Hungarian University need for admission?
- The Hungarian secondary school leaving certificate or its foreign equivalent,
- Higher education degree or graduation certification accredited or recognized in Hungary.
- Applicants must be having master’s degree. Then applicants apply online.
- Official transcripts with higher-education institutions that one has attended previously.
- Latest curriculum vitae or Resume.
- Applicants should have minimum of two letters of evaluation. All PhD applicants must submit three letters of evaluation.
Admission Requirement for International Students
Some additional requirements for international students in Hungary as locales, international students have different admission requirements.
- An acceptance letter from the recognised university which offers you for Doctorate.
- A Passport having a validity of at least 6 months beyond the date of admission.
- Proof of health insurance and mainly HIV test report required.
- Proof of sufficient funding to bear expenses in Hungary.
- Once you arrive in Hungary, you will need to apply for your accommodation within 15 days of arrival. This criteria is similar for both EU and non-EU citizens planning to stay in Hungary for longer than 90 days.
- Applicants must be having Master degree from recognized university with good scores.
- Applicants should have atleast two letters of evaluation for all.
- For International students only: student must be able to complete International Student Data Form (graduate application form).
- IELTS: Candidates who are non-native speakers of English are required to present valid TOEFL, IBT or IELTS test results for taking admission in Hungarian universities.
International Admission Tests