Admission Requirements for Undergraduate Degrees in Hungary
Hungary provides higher education which is well-designed and authorised to provide an interdisciplinary education focusing on result oriented program, policy analysis, better administrative management, and budgeting management. The higher secondary education in Hungary also serves as an excellent foundation for undergraduate, post graduate, masters and doctoral studies.
Hungary is becoming an increasingly popular study destination for undergraduate, post graduate and for masters. To take admission in different undergraduate courses, students are required to some basic documents as part of admission process in private and public Hungary universities:
All applicants need to go through the UCAS (Universities and Colleges Admissions Service) and they need to submit UCAS code and university code in their application form. Applicants who have the Hungarian Matura with excellent grades are eligible for taking admission in under graduate programs.
Institutions in Hungary rank the applications based on applicants’ previous studies and the grade point average (GPA), also experience in work and research might be required by some institutions.
In order to be admitted to a Hungarian higher education institution, prospective students must demonstrate that they meet certain requirements. Although there is a general system of entrance the entry requirements may differ at certain higher education institutions therefore always check the conditions in each institution before applying.
Some other requirements are:
- Applicants must have completed their upper secondary education.
- Candidates must have passed the university entrance examination in their home country.
- Need to meet the study program pre-requisites required for specific universities. A pre-requisite is a subject for applicant that must be fulfilled before being allowed to enroll for a particular course. For instance, if you want to study in science, then it will be required to pass an aptitude exam in science.
- If you are looking for taking admission in any particular field so, you must be registered for that particular course at that moment. You may need to contact an advisor at any of the Higher Education Admissions Offices ("Gabinetes de Acceso").
If you have successfully completed upper document section then;
- You need to submit valid school leaving certificate.
- You must also qualify for higher education studies in Hungary. However, you have to prove your knowledge or skill set of the Hungarian language or English. Or in some of the cases required to take additional qualifying courses for registration, called as "preparatory courses.”
Some additional requirements for International applicantsFor international students, admission requirement vary from local students. Some of the requirements include-
- Applicants must be having VISA and certificate signed with government with that country.
- Student should have minimum of 32 points in the IB Diploma which will also be considerable for admission to undergraduate degree programmes. With A-levels, grades will vary from programme to programme.
- A Score report for a valid GRE, GMAT, TOEFL/iBT or IELTS exam, where required.
- For taking the scholarship you are authorized with your own country and must be excellent grades in previous qualifications.
Popular undergraduate degrees in Hungary
- B.Com or Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting)
- BS / BSc or Bachelor of Science (Computer Science)
- BE or Bachelor of Engineering ( Electronics & Communications Engineering)
- Bachelor of Engineering (BEng / BE), Mechanical Engineering (ME)
- Bachelor of Science (BS / BSc), Electronics & Communications Engineering
- Bachelor's Degree, Accounting
- BS / BSc or Bachelor of Science (Mechanical Engineering)
Under graduate courses offered by Hungarian universities aims to improve education in Hungary by opening the doors for multiple students exchange between the countries by offering financing opportunities for student exchange between the countries.