Travel and Student Visa

Students planning to take up studies or continue their studies at a college or university in Hungary must ensure that they apply for a student visa early. However, prior to applying, they must make sure that they have all the documents required to successfully get a student visa. Rules and regulations of what type of visa required, what type of application is needed and supporting documents to be submitted along can vary depending on the category of the student. There are two categories for students wishing to study in Hungary- European Union/European Economic Area citizen or a non -European Union citizen.

Foremost thing required to get a study visa depends on the college or university you are applying. You must have a valid proof of admission certificate to a college or university to get a student visa for Hungary. Once you have received the offer letter then only you can start your process of applying to the embassy.

For non-EU or non-European Union/European Economic Area citizen

Students falling in the category of non-EU or non-European Union/European Economic Area citizen have to apply and obtain a residence visa in order to study in any college or university in Hungary. This doesn’t apply to the students with EU citizenship. The application form ask for loads of details including-
  • Type of Education you want to pursue in Hungary
  • Name of college or university where you wish to apply
  • Location of the main head office of the educational institution where you wish to apply
  • Amount you will be carrying to Hungary along
  • Details about the scholarship, financial aid like student loan, if you are applying
Once you include all these details some additional documents are also to be submitted along with the application including proof of where you will be living, financial resources, proof of college or university you will be attending. You may also be asked to show proof that you have already paid the full tuition fee.

To download the application form, visit the official website of Hungarian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

For EU or European Union/European Economic Area citizen

In case you are an EU or European Union/European Economic Area citizen and you will be staying in Hungary for less than 3 months, you don’t need a student visa. You can use your passport or national identity card to enter Hungary. You just need to submit proof the payment of the tuition fees and an official document of your admission in the Hungarian university or college to get entitled to student visa.

Requirements for a study visa at a glance:
  • Passport Requirements: Students must possess original, signed passport which is valid for 6 months beyond stay, and with at least one blank visa page available for stamps.
  • Proof of Departure: Students must possess confirmed onward airline ticket.
  • Medical Requirements: Students must possess a valid accidental and health insurance with full international coverage.
  • Other Requirements: Students must possess valid onward destination visas (if applicable).
You can easily get the student visa for Hungary if you submit all the documents and information required. You can contact the Hungarian Ministry of Foreign Affairs for details on getting the student visa. International Students: Traveling and Getting Study Visa for Hungary.

For latest updates see
Connect me with the Top Colleges
First Name:
Last Name:
E-Mail ID :
You live in:
Mobile Number:
You want to study in:
Highest Level of Education:
Study Preference:
You want to Study:
Need an education loan?
loading Processing...
  • No Articles to display

Know More »

  • No Press Releases to display

Know More »

Hungary Select a Country

Our Network :