TOEFL in Hungary
TOEFL is the Test Of English as a Foreign Language which is taken by people who do not have English as their native language. So in case you are the one who is planning to pursue your higher education in Hungary which offers varied and affordable options to students from across the globe, TOEFL is a must for you. The basic objective of administering this test is to assess the ability of student to speak and understand English as it is used in college and university atmosphere. It goes without being said that English happens to be the main medium of instruction in Hungary and it is needed for both education and work related purposes. Most universities in Hungary accept an overall score of 630 to give admission in various graduate and post graduate courses.
Different Aspects of TOEFL
TOEFL is an online test which evaluated the test takers on the following aspects. They are:
Reading: Under this part of the test there would 4 to 6 passages from the textbooks which are used for teaching purpose. The students will have to go through the passages thoroughly and express their understanding of the same by answers questions about main concept, comparison and also debating the various aspects of the passages. The main intention is to check the grasp of the candidate over the language and not necessarily about subject.
Listening: Here the candidates would have to make notes after listening carefully to the conversation between the professor and student in classroom setting discussing a particular topic. Then they would have to answer the questions and for this they can make a reference to the notes they have compiled with the help of the audio conversation heard.
Speaking: Candidates are evaluated upon their ability to speak about a particular topic to evaluate their spontaneity, clarity and coherence with which they can speak. Their response is recorded digitally and then passed on to ETS’s online scoring network where it is further evaluated by at least 3-6 raters.
Writing: Here the test taker will have to summarize the main points discussed by the speaker and then elaborate them in an essay form. This is then also sent to three different raters on the ETS’s online scoring network for evaluation.
Tips to prepare for TOEFL
With the help of online study material available and tips from the experienced candidates and trainers it has become very easy to prepare for TOEFL. Here are a few tips that would come in handy for you in case you are planning to appear for TOEFL Hungary exam:
- One must ensure to make use of English as much as possible, in terms of using new words, writing them and understanding their meaning and how they can be effectively used in everyday expression.
- Listening of English songs, watching movies and shows in the language and even radio can help in getting a grasp of the perfect expression of the language and also understanding their vocabulary.
- Work at developing your pronunciation by practicing speaking loud and clear. Learn the correct usage of punctuation and how to match it right gestures and body language.
- One good way can be to maintain a diary in English and jot down the events of the day in English. This helps in organising your thoughts better and make your more curious about knowing more words that will help you express yourself better.
Procedure to Register for TOEFL
- Firstly, you will have to decide if you are comfortable with paper based or online test format.
- Secondly, the form has to be filled online which has to have the name of your country, choosing the center for test based upon your convenience and paying the fees via your credit card.
- Always ensure the spellings and other details are correctly filled so that they are no discrepancies and confusions at the last minute.